Hi folks.. I'm looking for a few suggestions/help for getting the best recorded sound out of my AC30. It's a newer hardwired version that i modified to JMI specs and quite honestly it sounds great in the room. I'm just having a hard time getting it to translate well when recording it.
So far the best sound i've gotten out of it is using a Royer r101 about 6 inches off the grill and approx 3" from the outer edge of the cone through a SCA N72 mic pre.
I have SCA N72 pre's and API 312's at my disposal as well as the following mics: 421's, Sm7b, 57's, U87, Royer r101, Oktava MC012's, Sennheiser 602.
Out of the mics mentioned, the SM7b didn't sound half bad.
Any tips, tricks, techniques to get a AC30 to record well? Thanks!
-jay
So far the best sound i've gotten out of it is using a Royer r101 about 6 inches off the grill and approx 3" from the outer edge of the cone through a SCA N72 mic pre.
I have SCA N72 pre's and API 312's at my disposal as well as the following mics: 421's, Sm7b, 57's, U87, Royer r101, Oktava MC012's, Sennheiser 602.
Out of the mics mentioned, the SM7b didn't sound half bad.
Any tips, tricks, techniques to get a AC30 to record well? Thanks!
-jay
Need a bit of help micing an AC30
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire