lundi 22 décembre 2014

Serious newb cubase midi question

I just picked up an M-Audio 61 ES and got Cubase 5. I don't have an ASIO device/sound card, so I installed ASIO4ALL and it seems to be working pretty well in terms of latency compared to using MS GSM (I'm on win7 x64).



I'm able to create VSTs and midi tracks and hear them playing, but when I try to record I still hear the sounds but nothing gets recorded. I'm sure I must just be missing something stupid, but I just can't find it! Any help greatly appreciated.



One bit of trivia... I used to be quite expert in Cubase on the Amiga back in the early 90's, then took a wayyyyy-too-long break from playing with recording and didn't touch anything until now. I know I need to get an interface, really, but just kind of getting back into it a bit first would be nice without shelling out any more cash before I have half a clue what to get. :lol: Back in the day, we didn't even have VSTs... just midi in, midi out. This is a whole new beast for me.





Serious newb cubase midi question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire