Hi all, I'm going out of the studio for a while and am taking a bare bones setup with me. My minibrute SE, and a Pittsburgh Modular System 10 that a good friend is lending me, also a memory boy and a pocket recorder :)
I'm aware that the LFO on the system 10 can go into the audio rate, but it doesn't track, obviously, so you can get the ratios set up for beautiful osc or filter FM on one note per octave, and then the rest of the notes sound inharmonic, which is cool, but I'd like tracking.
So, if I connect the two via MIDI, and then take one of the oscillator shape outputs from the system 10, (maybe I need to attenuate this with the onboard mixer) plug it into the CV-in of the brute (either filter or VCO) and mess with the system 10s frequency control, maybe set up a pitch envelope, will I get FM sounds?
Is it that simple? I can't seem to understand the difference between an audio output (like oscillators have) and a CV output (like what LFO's have). I'm aware that the LFO out would affect the pitch of the brute (but god knows if the keyboard will still work?) but not sure about a VCO.
I have a few days to figure this stuff out before the trip anyway, thanks, and sorry for the dumb question I'm primarily a digital synthesist and this modular stuff is ****ing terrifying.
I'm aware that the LFO on the system 10 can go into the audio rate, but it doesn't track, obviously, so you can get the ratios set up for beautiful osc or filter FM on one note per octave, and then the rest of the notes sound inharmonic, which is cool, but I'd like tracking.
So, if I connect the two via MIDI, and then take one of the oscillator shape outputs from the system 10, (maybe I need to attenuate this with the onboard mixer) plug it into the CV-in of the brute (either filter or VCO) and mess with the system 10s frequency control, maybe set up a pitch envelope, will I get FM sounds?
Is it that simple? I can't seem to understand the difference between an audio output (like oscillators have) and a CV output (like what LFO's have). I'm aware that the LFO out would affect the pitch of the brute (but god knows if the keyboard will still work?) but not sure about a VCO.
I have a few days to figure this stuff out before the trip anyway, thanks, and sorry for the dumb question I'm primarily a digital synthesist and this modular stuff is ****ing terrifying.
Advice: Hi, can these two synths FM each other?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire