Hi,
I had an issue with my 1031a. I shipped them from europe to Nyc, so they work on voltage 220. I used a step up transformer to elevate the US 110 voltage to 220V. I didn't pay attention, but this transformer you can find on Amazon, don't have earth on the 220v outlet.
Result -I blew out the input of my speakers. Looks like they sound ok, but now, I've a giant buzz. Like something happend on the ground!
I tried to find out what is this blown component? Capacitor or resistor? Any thoughts? Already contact Genelec, but they take forever to reply.
http://ift.tt/1tTRzII
What the board normally looks like:
http://ift.tt/1wV20GH
Here's the schematic of the input amplifier:
http://ift.tt/1tTRzIK
Thanks!
I had an issue with my 1031a. I shipped them from europe to Nyc, so they work on voltage 220. I used a step up transformer to elevate the US 110 voltage to 220V. I didn't pay attention, but this transformer you can find on Amazon, don't have earth on the 220v outlet.
Result -I blew out the input of my speakers. Looks like they sound ok, but now, I've a giant buzz. Like something happend on the ground!
I tried to find out what is this blown component? Capacitor or resistor? Any thoughts? Already contact Genelec, but they take forever to reply.
http://ift.tt/1tTRzII
What the board normally looks like:
http://ift.tt/1wV20GH
Here's the schematic of the input amplifier:
http://ift.tt/1tTRzIK
Thanks!
Genelec 1031a blown input amplifier component Help!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire