Hi,
I'm putting together my first rack and I just wanna ask if the patching like this would be correct (read: not cause any problems)
Here are is the rough idea:
http://ift.tt/1HS5g15
The goal would be to record both digital in my DAW as analogue on my tape recorders. Without going in depth about syncing the whole thing and other problems. I just wanna know if I have the basics right? Or would you recommend something else, or is there big problem with how I'm going at it? Maybe I have the logic/reasoning behind this all wrong?
Here are the patch situations I could/would possibly have
ImageShack - patchbay.jpg
The first possible problem that comes to mind is:
Situation 3, because I'm splitting the signal from the console's direct-out in two. 1 to the digital interface and 1 to the tape recorders will this give any impdance problems or something else maybe, is this 'allowed'?
And the second thing I'm wondering about, as in situation 4 & 5:
The tape recorder's input is still connected to the digital interface's output, although that connection is not being used. Is this a problem? Again, maybe impedance or some treble bleed via the tape's ground? (I don't know? heh )
Any tips on how to do things better (or a different approach altogether) are of course more then welcome cause I'm very new to this!
Thanks for taking the time to read this anyways kfhkh
I'm putting together my first rack and I just wanna ask if the patching like this would be correct (read: not cause any problems)
Here are is the rough idea:
http://ift.tt/1HS5g15
The goal would be to record both digital in my DAW as analogue on my tape recorders. Without going in depth about syncing the whole thing and other problems. I just wanna know if I have the basics right? Or would you recommend something else, or is there big problem with how I'm going at it? Maybe I have the logic/reasoning behind this all wrong?
Here are the patch situations I could/would possibly have
ImageShack - patchbay.jpg
The first possible problem that comes to mind is:
Situation 3, because I'm splitting the signal from the console's direct-out in two. 1 to the digital interface and 1 to the tape recorders will this give any impdance problems or something else maybe, is this 'allowed'?
And the second thing I'm wondering about, as in situation 4 & 5:
The tape recorder's input is still connected to the digital interface's output, although that connection is not being used. Is this a problem? Again, maybe impedance or some treble bleed via the tape's ground? (I don't know? heh )
Any tips on how to do things better (or a different approach altogether) are of course more then welcome cause I'm very new to this!
Thanks for taking the time to read this anyways kfhkh
Patchbay questions
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire