lundi 2 février 2015

Roland D-50, No signal from MIDI-OUT?

I know the D-50 is notorious for MIDI communication problems, but I can't for the life of me get a single midi message from the MIDI-OUT port.



I recently acquired a D-50 in excellent condition. It looks and works great. I checked the serial #, and it looks like one of the later production units (1989).



Anyway, I figure I must be doing something wrong, but this unit will accept midi messages all day long with ease (patch data and edits too). But when I try to simply play the keys to control an external source through midi-out I get nothing. Not a single note or CC message of any kind.



I checked all the midi settings via the global MIDI button, and the individual patch MIDI settings that I could find, and still nothing.



I'm hoping I've overlooked something, but I suspect it's a faulty midi-out port? I'm running "OS 2.21 - Thanks to Eric & Adrian" the display reads. I've read some OS versions have some problems, but I've never heard of this one.





Roland D-50, No signal from MIDI-OUT?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire