mardi 3 février 2015

Volca modifications (cont...)

Hi,



I know there have been threads on this here (that I've read) and there's much on the internet already. But I wanted to start a new thread to collect some new details about modifying these little boxes of fun.



I have keys, bass and beats



I've modified them for midi out and usual mods for beats, snare and individual line outs.



What I'm wondering at this stage is.



1. Can I get LFO out from Keys/Bass - I expect most certainly yes, it's probably there on the board for the taking.



2. Can I put a line-in to the filter/amp of the bass/keys - again I'm fairly certain yes - somewhere in the analog side it will be possible to feed in a single for sure.



I'll try to work these things out next time I take them apart, but if anyone has done this already then it would be useful to grab details.



I wanted to have an LFO source and I don't have lots of analog stuff, so this seems a nice easy way for now - esp. now I learnt the volca bass does MIDI LFO sync (not sure if the keys does too?)



Next time I open up my SCI MAX, after studying the circuit diagram I believe I can add an LFO input to it to perhaps add some modulation to the VCO, VCA and/or VCF - sure it has a programmable LFO already, but it only has only one (per voice) - which is my biggest gripe with it currently. I plan to open it up soon as I've some further mod ideas, particularly to tackle the noise issue which I've some ideas to try and help improve it.



Fairly low level stuff, but it's only analog. To be honest I can't really justify the prices of some better vintage analog stuff in the current market, so I quite like experimenting with what I have already, at least to start with. Not least it's much fun and also I may end up with something slightly unique you can't just go buy from ebay or off the shelf :)



Anyone making any useful Volca mods, please do share. I'd like to start with LFO Out and then CV in and out on at least one of them, probably the bass - its LFO has a really good range and goes really fast! :)





Volca modifications (cont...)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire