mardi 3 février 2015

Flying with gear - suggestions for carry on

Upcoming travel scheduling that prevents driving has me flying cross country with my "road rig" which is a small rig for recording VO on the road.



the rig consists of: Gefell M930, table top mic stand, Stedman pop screen, Shure X2U, cables, and Macbook Air...All of which I normally pack into a foam lined hard case that is designed for handguns, and which works perfectly for the rig.



The airline allows one carry on suitcase and one personal item such as a laptop bag, etc. and I do not want to check my baggage so I intend to keep everything with me in carry ons.



I am thinking of packing the hard case with the road rig inside my carry on suitcase where it will fit well and leave room for my personal stuff. If I have to take it out of the carry on at security, which I suspect I will, the whole rig comes out as a separately cased component, which I could open to show the contents.



Do you see any downside to this plan? Have not been through airport security systems in a while.





Flying with gear - suggestions for carry on

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire