dimanche 1 février 2015

Why does my room sound good?

Hey guys. I have a conundrum that I just kinda want an answer to.



Foreword: I have recorded in the high-end room and done work in great sounding room that cost MILLIONS to build.



My room, is a 27x13x8 live room. It has a acoustic drop ceiling, plus 9inches of R30 above it. The walls, are concrete block. Along the back wall where the drumset is, i have 6 Rock-wool panels that are wrapped along the wall and 1 in each corner. The floor is normal carpet, pretty thick.



My room sounds really good. I don't get it. In everything Ive learned about acoustics, my room sound sound like shit. But it doesnt. My drums are punchy and smooth and come across very naturally in the room mics, and just the sustain and room sound is very natural. No flutter, no room modes. Nothing that is just "ugly". And I know ugly. Ive been in some bad rooms, and Ive been in some great rooms. and my room sounds pretty damn good. Like if the best Walter Stoyrk room Ive been in was a 10, my new room is a solid 8.



Any acoustic geniuses... any ideas? So i know why?





Why does my room sound good?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire