Hey guys! Need your advice :)
So I've moved my studio all into one room, and the vibe is great.. But, my ageing mid-2010 MacBook Pro has some serious fan issues, and now it's all in one room it's quite obvious and loud.. The specs are 2.8ghz dual core i7, 8gb RAM.
Now I have a few options available..
1) do I upgrade my mac to the latest MacBook Pro retina with 2.8ghz quad i7, 16gb RAM, SSD... Apparently the new fan design is meant to be better. This will give me everything on the go including a more reliable live computer, and better specs. Hopefully with more processing power my computer won't ramp up at everything, let alone a busy Pro Tools session! Plus SSD should be quieter yeah?
2) or I could build a Hackintosh. For about $2k I can get a soundproofed case with good cooling/ventilation, 32gb ram, 4.0ghz quad core i7, SSD etc. I could install windows too/instead as well.
My temporary answer could be a good cooling pad to help reduced the load on my computer, but I don't think it'll do wonders.
Ideally I'd love the MacBook Pro as I do everything on my laptop and a total upgrade would be nice including editing on the go and playing live. But I'm concerned the fan noise will still be an issue. Would closed clamshell mode be okay behind some sort of enclosure in my desk even with a fan?
Or is a hackintosh stable and a good way to go? I can send the list of components Id consider buying too... It would also be more powerful, and potentially quieter.. Not to mention more future-ready in terms of upgradability.
Or any other thoughts/considerations/advice would be awesome! Thanks!
So I've moved my studio all into one room, and the vibe is great.. But, my ageing mid-2010 MacBook Pro has some serious fan issues, and now it's all in one room it's quite obvious and loud.. The specs are 2.8ghz dual core i7, 8gb RAM.
Now I have a few options available..
1) do I upgrade my mac to the latest MacBook Pro retina with 2.8ghz quad i7, 16gb RAM, SSD... Apparently the new fan design is meant to be better. This will give me everything on the go including a more reliable live computer, and better specs. Hopefully with more processing power my computer won't ramp up at everything, let alone a busy Pro Tools session! Plus SSD should be quieter yeah?
2) or I could build a Hackintosh. For about $2k I can get a soundproofed case with good cooling/ventilation, 32gb ram, 4.0ghz quad core i7, SSD etc. I could install windows too/instead as well.
My temporary answer could be a good cooling pad to help reduced the load on my computer, but I don't think it'll do wonders.
Ideally I'd love the MacBook Pro as I do everything on my laptop and a total upgrade would be nice including editing on the go and playing live. But I'm concerned the fan noise will still be an issue. Would closed clamshell mode be okay behind some sort of enclosure in my desk even with a fan?
Or is a hackintosh stable and a good way to go? I can send the list of components Id consider buying too... It would also be more powerful, and potentially quieter.. Not to mention more future-ready in terms of upgradability.
Or any other thoughts/considerations/advice would be awesome! Thanks!
Hackintosh vs MacBook Pro Retina
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire